Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Blog is Not Something I Ever Really Wanted to Do

In fact, I believe that unless you're someone with something truly useful or important to say, the very concept of blogs (and Twitter, for that matter) is rather narcissistic; after all, you're really just assuming that people want to read your diary.

It's with that in mind that I'm treating this more as a thought journal than anything else. As a filmmaker, random bits of film theory-- some brief, some expansive-- will often pop into my head, and I feel it could be beneficial to me to have these thoughts written down. As I said, I don't believe things should be blogged that aren't worth blogging, so allow me to clarify that I'm not billing myself as particularly intelligent or insightful here-- I'm typing on the intarwub rather than writing in a notebook because it allows for interaction in the form of comments (something I welcome, if anyone feels so inclined).

To summarize: these are the random musings of a student in his field. Take them as they are.

1 comment:

  1. u state "I don't believe things should be blogged that aren't worth blogging" . Do you often make value judgments best left for others?

    ReplyDelete